The Clarendon Hotel in Newcastle has well earned its spot as a favourite beer garden destination. A spacious outdoor space has a modern, lush garden aesthetic with twinkling fairy lights at night. On a Friday and Saturday night, you can enjoy a beer or two with mates outside, listening to live music
- Where: Clarendon Hotel: 347 Hunter Street, Newcastle NSW 2300
- Enjoy: Live music on Friday and Saturday nights from 5:30-9:30
- Drinks: Cocktails and craft beers
Sydney Junction Hotel
The Sydney Junction Hotel beer garden is a popular hangout for after work drinks, particularly on a Friday afternoon. The restaurant offers an array of tasty pub-grub and its drinks menu ensures that there is a drop for everyone. Recent renovations have given a name to their outdoor area calling it "The Backyard". Picnic style tables with umbrellas, a childrens playground and lush gardens make this the place to be all year round
- Where: Sydney Junction Hotel: 8 Beaumont Street, Hamilton, NEWCASTLE
- Enjoy: DJ Playing most Fridays from 8:30pm
- Drinks: Tap Beers and an extensive Hunter Valley Wine List
This newly renovated pub in inner Newcastle is looking mighty fine. Walking in off the street you are immediaetly greeted by a cool, fresh oasis. An internal courtyard takes advantage of the tall outside walls, turning them into lush vertical gardens.
A southern American BBQ restaurant will ensure you don't leave this pub on an empty stomach.
- Where: Lucky Hotel: 237 Hunter Street, Newcastle
- Enjoy: Live music on Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday from 5pm
- Drinks: Iy cold ciders, cocktail jugs and your favourite beers
Jewells Tavern has a family friendly vibe that feels all-inclusive. Whether it's your birthday or your grand parent's anniversary - there is something for all ages to enjoy here. A large beer garden is what sets this place apart, with room for everyone to pull up a chair and for children to roam between your table and the large playground.
- Where: Jewells Tavern: 73 Nitaba Rd, Jewells
- Enjoy: The sports bar, regular raffles and playground for the children
- Drinks: Cold beer, just how you like it
The old Argie Pub has had a major renovation and extension, turning into a destination for young and old. Just passing by you will notice its refurbishment into a destination that looks fun and inviting for the whole family. What's most impressive is its outdoor area and playground. Here is where it all happens, where you celebrate birthdays with a pub meal and relax after a long week at work.
Every Sunday from 3pm you can kick back and enjoy live music in one of the outdoor cabanas.
- Where: Argenton Hotel: 515 Lake Rd Argenton
- Enjoy: Live Music on a Sunday
- Drinks: Friday Cocktail Happy Hour are $12 from 7:30pm - 9:30pm!
Wickham Park Hotel
The Wickham Park Hotel at Islington is also well known by the regulars as "The Wicko". The venue boasts a larger than most beer garden, where you can enjoy a beer and a meal while listening to some of the live music. The outdoor area has just been freshly renovated, ready for you sit back and enjoy.
Live gigs are a mainstay at The Wicko, acts include both local and touring acts.
- Where: Wickham Park Hotel - 61 Maitland Rd Islington
- Enjoy: Live music Friday and Saturday night
- Drink: Grab a bucket of beer to share with a mate